What Type of Exercise I Can Easily Do During the Day to Lose Unwanted Weight?
Importance of Exercise
Exercise and nutrition always go hand in hand for optimal health and general well being. Exercise increases your metabolism, the process of burning calories obtained from food. Exercise, especially aerobic exercise, plays a major role in the weight management process. Of course, one should not just rely on exercise for weight loss and overlook the power of balanced nutrition. Exercise and balanced nutrition complement each other by increasing each other’s effect synergistically.
With moderate exercise, the blood circulation is improved and that results into proper distribution of the nutrients to all the body organs for their proper growth. Exercise also helps the body with the elasticity of the muscles. A lack of exercise may result into tissue injuries, such as pain in the lower back, neck and shoulder areas. Lack of exercise due to the busy and stressful lifestyle in the western world is the second biggest factor leading to weight gain and obesity, after excess calorie and fat intake. Therefore, cutting down on total calorie and fat intake, incorporating moderate exercise in daily schedule, and consuming a diet balanced in macro and micro nutrients would lead to a healthy weight management.
How much physical activity do adults (18 to 64 years of age) need?
Below are the exercise guidelines for adults from Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
Adults need at least:
• 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week, and
• muscle-strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms).
Here is the good news: 10 minutes at a time is fine.
We know 150 minutes each week sounds like a lot of time, but you don’t have to do it all at once. Not only is it best to spread your activity out during the week, but you can break it up into smaller chunks of time during the day. As long as you’re doing your activity at a moderate or vigorous effort for at least 10 minutes at a time.
Now, here is the type of exercise you can easily do during your day to lose unwanted weight. Give it a try:
1. Try going for a 10-minute brisk walk, 3 times a day, 5 days a week. This will give you a total of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity.
2. Find the farthest parking spot when you go out shopping in the mall or grocery store and walk back.
3. Instead of taking elevator or escalator next time, challenge yourself with taking stairs.…